1. DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Personal data including, for example, your name, e-mail address, password, and in certain instances, telephone number, data about your usage of the Products and data collected by tracking technologies as further described in section 4 below that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you as an individual.
• Konvos does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) data. Apple and Google collect Payment Card data with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps, and our payment processor collects Payment Card data with respect to purchases made through the Websites. Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited data related to you, such as a unique, anonymous token that enables you to make additional purchases using the data they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, billing address, and the last four digits of your card number.
• Facebook profile information, such as name, email address, and Facebook ID, if you choose to log in to the Products through Facebook.
• Device information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance data.
• Data collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 4.
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except as described under the “Disclosure of Your Data” section below, we do not provide your personal data to any third party without your specific consent, as defined by applicable law.
3. NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email and/or (push notifications) we will use the data you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication and we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level.
If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of receiving an SMS message with a link to our Apps, you will receive
such SMS message (the “SMS Service”). Standard text message rates will apply.
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Konvos and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognize your device so you don't have to provide the same data several times and to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage on your device to store content data and preferences.
We partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our Website. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather data about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We are not always able to respond to do-not-track signals. For more data about interest-based ads, including how to opt-out of having your web-browsing data used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third party platforms. You may also opt out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third party platforms. The Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical data. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more data on how Google Analytics processes this data, visit www.google.com/analytics.
As true of most mobile apps, we gather certain data and automatically and store it in log files. This data may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All data you provide to us through our mobile application is stored on our servers or on your own device. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that your change your password frequently.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. SINGLE SIGN-ON
You may be able to log-in to our Products using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or Google. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal data (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign-up form.
7. USES MADE OF THE DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with the Products.
• To answer your questions or requests for information or handle your complaints.
• To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
• To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about updates or changes to Product features and content.
• To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
• To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices, to the extent that you have provided consent for such uses under applicable law.
• To provide you with the SMS Service to the extent that you have provided consent for such practices under applicable law.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• To manage your payments and orders.
• If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, except if you opt-out to such communications.
8.PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In accordance with GDPR, Konvos provides the following information for personal data processing:
The performance of the contract (the Konvos Terms & Conditions) between you and Konvos for the data processing relating to your use of Konvos' Products (including your orders and payments);
Konvos' legitimate interest, more specifically:
• Our business interest in providing you with emails and push notifications for timely introductory materials and information about your Konvos account, our Product features and updates, and offers to upgrade your free account to a subscription account.
• Our business interest in offering you particularized or adapted content based on your usage of the Products.
• Our business interest in collecting data regarding your general usage activities for the purpose of improving our Konvos user experience.
• Our business interest in requesting that you partake in Product surveys in order to better understand your needs and expectations.
• Our business interest in providing you with customer service communications regarding your account, questions about our content offerings or your mindfulness practice, or any other matters directed to customer service staff, in order to have clear and easy communication with you and to respond to all your requests.
• Our business interest in collecting data related to unplanned downtime or errors in the Products.
• Our business interest in complying with our legal obligations, such as maintaining accurate financial records.
• Our business interest in verifying your eligibility in a Community and providing limited reporting to such Community, as further described in section 6.
9. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties as follows:
• In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal data to a third party so that it can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for data from such party. An example of this is the SMS Service.
• In some circumstances, we may disclose the personal data that you have provided to Konvos to a third party that offers and/or provides goods or services complementary to our own for the purpose of enhancing our users’ experiences by offering you integrated or complementary functionality, complementary services or bundled pricing options.
• If Konvos' service providers (like hosting, IT maintenance, market analytics, and payment service providers) require this data to provide services to Konvos. Konvos requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Konvos or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Konvos, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging data with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• With your Community, if your subscription is a Community Subscription, as described under Corporate and Other Community Sharing above.
• With third parties, such as Facebook, in order to serve Konvos advertisements on such third party platforms, to the extent that you have consented to such practices under applicable law.
• If you choose to have your account verified to confirm your status as a student, we may allow a third party platform to access the specific personal data you provide in order to perform the verification.
10. DATA RETENTION
The retention periods applied by Konvos comply with applicable legislation in effect on the date hereof, namely:
• For data relating to your account: such data will not be retained beyond your request that your account be deleted.
• For transactional data relating to your purchases: such data is kept for the entire period of the contractual relationship, then in accordance with legal obligations and applicable statute of limitation periods. Please note that this data does not include Payment Card information, which is processed by our third-party payment processors, and not Konvos.
• For data collected based on your consent to receive our marketing communications: we will use such data until you withdraw consent or applicable law requires that such data is no longer used.
• When your data are collected in the context of requests/queries: such data are kept for the period necessary to process and reply to such requests or queries.
• When cookies or other trackers are placed on your terminal, they are kept for a period of 12 months.
Other data will be kept as long as necessary for the purposes pursued and in compliance with our legal obligations, including the applicable statute of limitations.
11. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT FOR PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
To the extent that you have provided appropriate consent under applicable law to certain processing activities, such consent can be withdrawn at any time by emailing email@example.com
12. REQUESTS FOR DATA DELETION
All requests for deletion of an individual's data on the app can be initiated by clicking on the Delete Account option under the settings icon on the home page of the app or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Products of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these external websites.
14. USE OF KONVOS BY MINORS
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory, or country, to sign up as a registered user of the Products. Individuals under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilise the Products only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian, under such a person's account.
Effective Date: October 1, 2020 Last Reviewed On: June 1, 2022